About A & B Produce
A & B Produce has served the San Francisco Bay Area for more than 40 years, working hard to earn its reputation as a company for superior product quality, unmatched customer service, and fair competitive pricing.
Founded in 1972 by William Besser, A & B Produce sells a wide range of produce, dairy, and food items to restaurants and dining facilities around the Bay Area. In December, 2012, A & B Produce was acquired by the Bay Area’s largest independently owned and operated foodservice distributor, BiRite Foodservice Distributors. The positive synergy between the two companies is confirmed daily as each company shares similar values, and has enjoyed success by developing meaningful partnerships with their customers, suppliers and employees. Both organizations understand the importance of honoring the family legacy and exhibiting entrepreneurship and creativity in providing support and solutions for their business partners.
A & B Advantage
- Access to the full range of color, texture and flavors that our customers have used as staples in their signature dishes for decades.
- Direct lines to specialty items grown around the world, so that you can have what you want, when youwant it, at a great price.
- Long-standing relationships with growers from Northern Canada through the tip of Mexico and can guarantee a steady supply of traditional and specialty items.
- Extensive food safety and quality program that ensures that we can provide our customers with produce and other foods that are both safe and of the highest quality.
- HACCP Certified and has been awarded an Excellent food safety audit rating from SCS Global Services.
- Updated fleet of environmentally clean refrigerated trucks.